Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Together and By Association...

Well hello there bloggers!

I've decided to begin a blog for my family to read to see what I'm up to, now that I'm in Philly more or less completely until May, 2008. I'll document my senior year (and maybe beyond) through words and pictures. This year I will continue to be on the Masque of La Salle e-board (my theatre group), Improv 101, and the President of the American Studies Association. I will also be applying for graduate school, hopefully studying American Studies.

Tuesday, May 15th, 2007- temp: 85 degrees. beautiful. slight breeze.

Before I get into today, I'll talk about the last four days, which is where summer really began.

Saturday, May 12th, 2007 - La Salle Bacculareate.
On Saturday, I was just sitting in my room (Basil 101, first floor), minding my own business, when I hear a tap at the window. Lo and behold, I find Amanda, K-Laz, and Pam at my window, with Pam giving me the "come here" finger. I tentatively walk towards my window when Liz jumps out! Liz has been in Ireland all semester and is one of my housemates this coming year and she wasn't supposed to come home until the 19th, so this was quite a surprise. Before I knew it, we were off to King of Prussia! We decided to go to Jessica McClintock and pretend that it was someone's wedding and we went with me. Although I don't have the picture of the ONE dress that I liked, I have some of the girls trying on their dresses:


K-Laz in the dress that she claimed "used every possible style".


This is why I love Amanda.


Pam in a dress that ISN'T from Limited Too (long and very funny story).


Liz starring as a cupcake.

After we finished our fashion show, we headed to Friendly's for appetizers and ice cream. We returned to La Salle ready for a rest, so we watched Friends (Season 5, the episodes surrounding Monica and Chandlers secret relationship) until 10:15, when we were going on the last diner run of the year. This diner run was especially special because some soon-to-be graduates would be joining us and seeing Liz for the first time (little did they know!). It was really nice surprising Chris and Amy.

Sunday, May 13th 2007 - La Salle Graduation / The longest day ever.
Amanda and I had to be at work at 7:30am the next morning, as we were working for Angie in Guest and Conference Services. The day could have been long, but between being busy most of the day putting out hypothetical fires and helping Angie re-house 70 girls, and being there with my friends, which kept the mood light, the day flew by. We ended the night with a run to the famous Pat's Steaks (which is my personal favorite). Val and I split a "wiz witout" (which she ordered...props to her) and the night was good.

Monday, May 14th - Duty Training Day
10 am brought the first of many training days for the summer staff. The day could have been crappy and long, but Nicole, my RC, is pretty cool and kept things light and moving. Community Development also took us all out for lunch at the Valley Green Inn in Chestnut Hill and it was lovely. The food was good, the company was great, and the scenery was very un-Philadelphia.


The view from Valley Green Inn.


Two of my co-hosts, Michal and Caitlin. These kids are great.


George (long time friend and another co-host) playing with the ducks.

Afterwards, I took a long nap and Kate came to stay for the night. We had dinner, watched "The Big Chill" and 'Heroes', then slept after Leno's headlines.

Tuesday, May 15th - First day of Day ONE training / La Salle faculty and staff picnic.
At 9:30 this morning, we made our way to our first day of training, which was fairly painless. I'm figuring that a positive attitude will really get me through things that could be really crappy. At noon, we were dismissed to go the staff picnic on the quad, which is just like the one at the beginning of the year for the freshman move in only its almost adults and there's beer and wine. I didn't have any, as we had another 2 hours of training after lunch about leadership. There was hot dogs, hamburgers, salad, fruit, chips, and an ice cream truck! and really good music. We got out of our other training early, mainly because we were good and such, and we were able to go back to the picnic for a bit. This time I had a glass of boxed wine with ice in it. Classy.


Michal and my roommate, Michelle (again, both Day ONE hosts).


Me and Michal. I figured I should have at least one picture of myself.

That's really it. I should be off to bed now, as I have taping in the city for the Day ONE welcome video. I'm talking about the Betsy Ross house, but we're going all over the place. As much fun as I'm having, I'm already a little homesick, but I'll be home soon for various family events.

Feel free to comment and such. I love comments. They go to my email box and it's good. I'm on duty in St. Cassian hall tomorrow night (AKA "The House of Horrors!"), so I'll probably be really bored.

<3 megan colleen

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Loved the Blog. It will be nice to know what you are up to. We are looking forward to having you home on the 2nd and the 9th. Sounds like you are working hard and earing your keep. Talk to you soon.

Love,
Mom