Thursday, May 24, 2007

Everybody's Working for the Weekend...

...or whenever Carolyn says we are done for the week.

This week, I find out, is a four and a half day week, with a half day on Friday for Memorial Day. Of course, we also have off on the customary Monday as well. We Day ONE hosts took full advantage of this, mind you. We had folder stuffing on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, because apparently, it took last years hosts four days to stuff 1600 folders. However, our group is quite organized and efficent, so it only took us a little less than two days. A proper assembly line helped us reach our goal and Carolyn told us that if we did finish early, we could take Thursday off. I could have worked in the office, but Michal is going to be there, and although that is fun, there will be nothing for me to do and today is supposed to be B-E-A-utiful. George, Cait, and whoever else are going to Rittenhouse Square (again!) for a day in the park. I also have duty tonight, but that's in Basils so I'm not worried.

Tomorrow is pay day. Yay!

Run down of the week so far:

Saturday: I had duty in Katherines and I got no sleep.

Sunday: I got up and worked on the Masque Tree...all day.

Monday: Parent folder stuffing until 2:45, I had to give a transfer tour at 2:00, and I got to be home in time to watch Ellen and see the Harry Potter clip. I colored in the Masque tree. At 7:30, Amy showed up to drop her stuff off before Jess picked us up for Quizzo for Amy's b-day. We came in third, which is really just the first set of people who don't win anything. We stayed at the Dark Horse for a while (that place really clears out after Quizzo ends) and Amy and I had our sleepover, which basically consisted of chatting and watching The Empire Strikes Back.

Tuesday: Community Development office day. Michal was supposed to come in with me, but at the last minute, he had to go and get interviewed for a documentary about this program he is involved in and it took forever. It's ok though because the people who work in CD are hilarious and they keep me very amused (and busy) all day. It is quite an improvement over working at Continuing Studies. Also, from my time at Continuing Studies, I have learned how to amuse myself because I never worked with other student workers. I came home and watched Return of the Jedi and napped. I have become re-obsessed with Star Wars since my parents brought them to me at school. Michal made me and the RC Nicole dinner, which was delicious. He made stuffed mushrooms for Nicole, and Nachos. The Nachos were amazing and very simple and I'll probably make them myself soon. I also tried guacomole for the first time and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It was homemade by Nicole in the Magic Bullet, so perhaps I'll try my hand at it when I get home.

Wednesday: Student folder stuffing day. We worked very dilegently until 11:00, when Alan (one of our bosses) came to pick us up and take us to be the student representatives at the West Campus opening ceremonies. It was pretty neat and there was AMAZING food there afterward. Sandwiches, and lots of little finger foods, such as mozzerella balls, bread with cream cheese and pesto, shrimp, and fruit. We returned to...lunch hour! After that, we put our rears in gear and finished the folders by 3:15. I didn't really feel well when I came back, so I took a nap, felt better and went to Amanda's to hang out. When Cait got back from her sister's concert thing, we hung out too. Cait and I also started our quote board, which is sweet.

Well...that's it for right now. I'm done with the Masque tree for a while, thank goodness. I'm obsessed with Star Wars (there's even a wiki just about Star Wars...its a little creepy, but I still check it out). Nothing else new to report.

TO THE PARK!

m.c.

No comments: