Friday, May 18, 2007

Duuuuuty!

Hello faithful readers (or as I like to call you: "Mom")

Well, the days since Tuesday have been fairly exciting.

Wednesday: 80 billion degrees, slighty breezy.
Wednesday was the day that the Day ONE hosts taped our awesome welcome video. We started at La Salle, then...to the van! Our first stop was the mural at 20th and Conclin that La Salle helped with through its mural class this past semester. It's really nice looking. Scott did his presentation and we were off to the city! Michelle did her spot at Boathouse Row, as she is on crew, and to be frank, if I had a reason to be there, I'd be there all the time. It's really nice and neato down there. Next was Michal's segment at the Art Museum, but there was scaffolding all over the front of the building, so he did his at the new Rocky statue in front of the museum. Matt (our trusty cameraman), taped us all running up the stairs, although half way up, Cait, Serena and I decided that there was no reason to go the whole way up. We tried to be funny all day, but I have a feeling that the freshman won't find us terribly funny. We crack ourselves up though. Next, Cory had his moment at Love Park, which is another place in Philly I had never been before. The fountain wasn't on yet, although as we discovered very suddenly at 10:30, it came on in full force at 10:30 am, scaring the beejeezus out of most of us, and making Cory irate, since he had just finished his tape. Cait did her presentation at the Kimmel Center and the Avenue of the Arts, and George and I danced in the background, which was fun for me. Serena did hers in front of the shops on Chestnut Street. As we were pulling up to Arch Street to tape my segment (at the Betsy Ross House), we hit a car, taking off its one light and part of the mirror. I went and taped my segment, where there was tons of kids, and you really couldn't see the fountain, which is my favorite part, but Matt made sure it still looked cool. Sarah did her segment at the end of the street at City Tavern, where she actually got one of the period-dressed waiters to stand with her. It was hilarious. Finally, we ended the day at Pat's Steaks (again!) where I ordered for myself, and George did his segment (and ate 2 cheesesteaks in the time it took me to eat my one). We also drove to South Philly to Tony Lukes, sort of as a reward for finishing taping early. We also taped some filler material at the stadiums with the van. We couldn't tape inside, but we taped us in the parking lot pointing at all the different sports centers.

I was exhausted, but I had duty at 6, so I couldn't go to sleep. I hung out with Cait for a while, then trooped through campus rounds and set up shop in Cassian Hall. I watched "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" and "Music and Lyrics", which made the time between rounds go quickly.

Thursday, I sold my soul to La Salle. I worked from 9 to 4 at Community Development, then I was on duty again at 6, but this time in Basil. Campus Rounds took a long time, but once I got back, duty was fun. Cait, Michal and I watched Grey's (and the "Davey Sullivan moves his crap to his new room down the hall" parade), then did rounds with our capes (and Scott). Finally, I ended the night with Michal covering for me so I could go to Wawa at midnight. I hadn't been out all day. I got a sandwich, because I hadn't really had a proper dinner, since campus rounds took 2 hours, so it was good. I also got some drinks to have in my room for the weekend.

Pay day is next Friday, and as I just found out, we get paid for a lot more than I thought. The only thing I don't get paid for is RA stuff, as that's what gets me my free housing. Training, office hours, and Day ONE stuff gets me paid AND I worked 15 and half hours on Sunday for Angie. Its exciting. Also, Miss Michele Muller might be coming over tonight, so I'm pretty much excited to get this day started.

Thanks for reading. Pictures later when I have the time / patience.

m.c.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Enjoyed reading about your video taping. It is fun to see what you are up to each day. Daddy mailed the CD so let us know if you don't get it by the weekend.